Archive: May 2014

Manchester United Owner Malcolm Glazer dies aged 86

malcolm glazer

Malcolm Glazer, the head of the family that own Manchester United, died on Wednesday morning aged 86, in his home town of Tampa.

While Glazer drove the controversial process that took control of United for the family in 2005 by leveraging the club with a £500m-plus debt, his recent failing health had meant that two of his sons, Joel and Avram, took on the hands-on role of leading the club. His passing should have little if any effect on the overall structure of the club, with the family retaining a 90% share with the remaining 10% listed on the New York stock exchange.

A statement from the 20-times champions last night said: “The thoughts of all at the club are with the family at this time.”

Glazer’s death was announced by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the NFL franchise the family also owns. “The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are saddened to announce the passing of owner/president Malcolm Glazer earlier this morning,” read the statement. “Known among his league peers as a pioneering thinker, Glazer infused his team and employees with the determination and dedication to be the best in the NFL. Glazer’s commitment to building a championship organisation has provided the foundation for continued success, on and off the field.

“Mr Glazer’s long-established estate succession plan has assured the Buccaneers will remain with the Glazer family for generations to come. Linda Glazer, along with their five sons and daughter, will continue to own and operate the team as they have throughout the family’s ownership.”

Despite the hostility to Glazer’s purchase of United, his ownership coincided with the most successful era of the club’s history. Since 2005 United have won five Premier League titles, the 2008 Champions League and reached European Cup finals in 2009 and 2011.

Born in Rochester, New York, as one of seven children, Glazer took over the family watch-parts business at the age 15 following the death of his father and then continued his foray into the professional world, investing in other businesses. He owned or was a substantial shareholder of a diverse portfolio of international holdings and public companies including First Allied, Zapata Corporation, Houlihan’s restaurant chain, Harley Davidson, Formica, Tonka, Specialty Equipment and Omega Protein. He leaves behind his wife, six children and 14 grandchildren.

Nonetheless a grassroots club FC United was founded by a group of dissatisfied supporters and accepted into the North West Counties Football League months after the takeover was completed. “The Glazers’ ownership of Manchester United is a product of the lack of regulation that we have in the game,” the general manager, Andy Walsh, told the Manchester Evening News. “Malcolm Glazer took advantage of that and his passing does not change that fact. The Glazer family still own Manchester United Football Club. The takeover of Manchester United caused a lot of pain in this city.

culled from the guardian

Tiwa Savage releases new racy video as TeeBillz replies critics

tiwa tiwa

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Music sensation Tiwa Savage is really leaving her mark in the entertainment industry. The newly married singer does not seem to care about whatever her critics feel has she continues to work hard on her sexy image/brand. Mrs Balogun’s talked about sexual video ‘Wanted’ is finally out.

tiwa nude tiwa pics tiwa t tiwa tiwa

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile Teebillz says no one has a right to condemn his wife’s wanted video because he approved and endorsed it …..She is his wife afterall! He further responded to some other critics.. Read tweets below:  

 

Tupac’s Final Words Revealed by Police Officer on Scene of Murder

tupac

The first police officer at the scene of Tupac Shakur’s 1996 drive-by murder has revealed the last words spoken by the late rap legend. And they’re not exactly peaceful.

“He looked at me, and he took a breath to get the words out, and he opened his mouth,” says Chris Carroll, a retired sergeant with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, in a new feature with Vegas Seven. “And then the words came out: ‘Fuck you.’

Shakur was shot multiple times on September 7th, 1996. After leaving a boxing match with former Death Row Records CEO Suge Knight, the rapper and his bodyguards got into a scuffle with 21-year-old Crips gang member Orlando Anderson in the lobby of the MGM Grand casino. Carroll, who worked with the city’s bike patrol unit, had also been watching the same Mike Tyson fight, but was unaware of the brawl taking place in the lobby.

Later, a white Cadillac pulled up beside Knight and Shakur while they were stopped at a traffic light and one man began shooting out of the back window. Carroll was the first officer to respond to the grisly scene.

“I grab the car door and I’m trying to open it, but I can’t get it open,” he says. “[Knight] keeps coming up on my back, so I’m pointing my gun at him. I’m pointing it at the car. I’m yelling, ‘You guys lay down! And you, get the fuck away from me!’ And every time I’d point the gun at him, he’d back off and even lift his hands up, like ‘All right! All right!’ So I’d go back to the car, and here he comes again. I’m like, ‘Fucker, back off!’ This guy is huge, and the whole time he’s running around at the scene, he’s gushing blood from his head. Gushing blood! I mean the guy had clearly been hit in the head, but he had all his faculties. I couldn’t believe he was running around and doing what he was doing, yelling back and forth.”

Carroll says when he finally was able to open the door, Shakur’s limp body fell out of the vehicle, “like he was leaning against the door.”

“So I grabbed him with my left arm, and he falls into me, and I’ve still got my gun in the other hand,” he continues. “He’s covered with blood, and I immediately notice that the guy’s got a ton of gold on – a necklace and other jewelry – and all of the gold is covered in blood. That has always left an image in my mind. . . After I pulled him out, Suge starts yelling at him, ‘Pac! Pac!’ And he just keeps yelling it. And the guy I’m holding is trying to yell back at him. He’s sitting up and he’s struggling to get the words out, but he can’t really do it. And as Suge is yelling ‘Pac!,’ I look down and I realize that this is Tupac Shakur.”

Elsewhere in the Vegas Seven story, Carroll says he attempted to get a “dying declaration” of a potential suspect from Shakur, but the rapper was ignoring him at first.

“And then I saw in his face, in his movements, all of a sudden in the snap of a finger, he changed,” he says. “And he went from struggling to speak, being noncooperative, to an ‘I’m at peace’ type of thing. Just like that. . . He went from fighting to ‘I can’t do it.’ And when he made that transition, he looked at me, and he’s looking right in my eyes. And that’s when I looked at him and said one more time, ‘Who shot you?’. . . He looked at me and he took a breath to get the words out, and he opened his mouth, and I thought I was actually going to get some cooperation. And then the words came out: ‘Fuck you.’ After that, he started gurgling and slipping out of consciousness.”

So why is Carroll coming forward with with information in 2014? Two reasons: Retiring from the Metro has allowed him the freedom to speak about the homicide case without being reprimanded (“It’s been almost 18 years,” he says. There’s clearly never going to be a court case on this.”), and he also didn’t want “Tupac to be a martyr or a hero because he told the cops ‘Fuck you.'”

Carroll says Shakur never spoke another word – remaining silent even when another officer tried to draw out a declaration in the ambulance.

“As soon as he got to the hospital, he went into surgery and was heavily sedated, and I guess he went into a coma and really never came out of that, until they took him off of life support,” he continues. “So that moment I talked to him was his last real living moment where he was speaking. I talked to the cop who rode in the ambulance with him. He said Tupac never came out of it, and he never said anything at the hospital. There was nothing else.”

Dan Foster quits Inspiration FM sets up Broadcasting school

dan foster

 

 

Popular Nigerian-based, US-born radio presenter Dan Foster has quit his radio job and will be starting a “Dan Foster Academy” where he’ll be teaching broadcasting. Reports claim that the OAP, who joined Inspiration FM station in 2009 after quitting from Cool FM, has turned in his resignation and left the station. “He also has not been on air this week. ‘He has resigned’” an OAP at Inspiration FM, who would rather not be named disclosed.

 However, in a telephone chat with NET, Dan Foster said ‘I’m thinking of leaving, but I’ll still be consulting for them. I’m currently negotiating with management’  Foster said the one thing he still wants to handle is the very popular ‘Praise Jam’ Sunday show which he says he loves.

‘It’s more like a ministry for me. It has touched so many lives, I want to continue with that, and even if that’s the only thing I get to do. I started the show back at Cool FM and did it for free. I was only paid to work on weekdays there.” He said.  

Samuel Eto’o tags Chelsea’s Jose Mourinho a Fool, Says New Club Has Been Found

eto fils

Samuel Eto’o has set about severing all ties with Chelsea, hinting that the club whom he represents next season will be playing Champions League football while aiming a jibe in the direction of Blues boss Jose Mourinho.

The Cameroonian international’s one-year contract at Stamford Bridge will expire in the coming weeks, and Eto’o tells StephaneDeSaintsalvy of AfricanFootball.com that Mourinho was foolish to make fun of his age:

Today, I am 33 years old. And it is not because a fool called me an old man that you must believe it. And you may have noticed that the old man was better than the youngsters.

Some believe I am going to retire in the United States or in the Middle East, but I have regained the joy of the Champions League and I am going to carry on playing in the Champions League. Where? I am not going to tell you. But I am going to carry on playing because physically and mentally I feel great.

So I am going to go to this World Cup and to the next one when I will be 37. Some did it at 42, so I can still play in two more World Cups

The striker’s response comes in reference to the “old man” comment made by Mourinho back in February, per the Telegraph, where footage of the Portuguese criticising Eto’o‘s dubious age was leaked by French television station Canal Plus: “The problem with Chelsea is I lack a striker. I have Eto’o but he is 32 years old, maybe 35, who knows?”

samuel eto

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s well-founded that attack has been Chelsea’s main concern this season. Between them, Eto’o, FernandoTorres and Demba Ba scored just 19 Premier League goals, and the club’s only saving grace was their rigid defence, conceding 27 goals, 10 fewer than champions Manchester City.

Meanwhile, as Squawka points out, Romelu Lukaku enjoyed some prolific form while on loan at Chelsea, calling into question the decision to farm out the Belgian international:

Eto’o mocked the manager’s musings in the shape of a goal celebration against Tottenham in March, bagging his goal in the 4-0 rout before leaning on the corner flag and gripping his back in imitation of an elderly man, as depicted by Agence France-Presse:

Mourinho didn’t harbour any bad temperament toward the reply, either, voicing his humour in the fixture’s post-match comments:

It was reported by ESPN FC in January that Eto’o might consider moving back to former club Real Mallorca in the future, but his comments regarding Champions League football would appear to rule that possibility out—for this year, at least.

Should the veteran forward and Chelsea part ways as expected, it would leave the West Londoners with another space to fill up front, possibly strengthening the likelihood of their potential move for Atletico Madrid’s Diego Costa.

samuel eto fils 2

 

 

 

 

 

Earlier this week, Sky Sports cited sources confirming that a £32 million deal for the Spanish international had been agreed, but no official word has been given on the transfer as of yet.

At 33 years of age, Eto’o remains adamant to continue playing at the top level for as long as his body will allow, and is one of those choosing to subscribe to the old adage that age is indeed just a number.

culled from bleacherreport.com

Soldiers Mutiny In Maiduguri

nigerian military

SaharaReporters has learnt that soldiers from the newly formed 7th Division of the Nigerian Army today mutinied in their barracks against Major General Abubakar Mohammed, their General Officer Commanding. Two soldiers who spoke to our correspondent revealed that numerous soldiers shot sporadically into the air at Maimalari Barracks, which is also home to the Artillery Corps, the Ordinance, as well as army signals in Maiduguri.

The 7th Division was formed only recently as a unit devoted to fighting the war against Boko Haram. General Mohammed was appointed as the GOC in February 2014.

One of the sources revealed that the situation was extremely tense, adding that the GOC escaped by the whiskers as the mutiny by angry soldiers could have degenerated into a personal attack on him.

Our sources said the soldiers became enraged when they saw the bodies of their colleagues ambushed by Boko Haram terrorists in Chibok, a town in Borno State that has spurred global protests over the abductions of schoolgirls by members of the extremist Islamist sect.

The restive soldiers complained that their superior have not provided them with adequate weaponry with which to fight the war against the better-armed Boko Haram militants.

Nigerian_soldiers

“We the soldiers don’t have the kind of arms and ammunition that [Boko Haram] fighters have. So everyday, they kill our men anyhow, but it is never published in the media,” said one source. The other source also complained that the commanding officers “are too busy ‘eating’ money. And they do not pay our allowances on time. And once [a soldier dies], nobody knows what happens to his allowances again.”

The two soldiers also disclosed that the mutinying soldiers were fed up that their military commanders have not devised a troop rotation system to ensure that those in combat can get some rest before being redeployed to continue the bloody and frustrating war with Boko Haram insurgents.

Residents who live near the barracks also told our local correspondent that they heard the sound of sporadic exchange of gunfire. “We thought that may be Boko Haram was attacking and the army was trying to push them back,” one resident said.

SaharaReporters could not immediately confirm the whereabouts of the GOC or reports of injuries in the barracks.

culled from sahara reporters

Asari Dokubo Leads Anti – #BringBackOurGirls Protest -Photos

Asari went a step further to stage an anti Bring back our girls campaign

asari dokubo 2 asari dokubo 3 asari dokubo 4

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

he didn’t believe the Chibok schoolgirls were missing, insisting it was just another scam. So, yesterday, along with his supporters, they staged their own protest, this time Anti-#BringbackOurGirls protest with placards saying: ‘Don’t play politics with my name, Chibok is a scam’, ‘Chibok is a scam… No parents, No pictures, No girls’.

 

asari dokubo